Saturday, January 11, 2014

there are dead christmas trees everywhere!

"i'm going to kill you.  i'm going to kill you.  i'm going to kill you." - a man right outside my apartment, to me, during what was my first human interaction of the day



and are also gay



"how uncomfortable it can feel, to be somewhere unfamiliar"


the winter has chapped my lips,
especially the bottom
which is torn in the middle
and my favorite of the two;
it hurts to smile and eat citrus.

--


' poets are a strange crowd.  when everyone else is happy, the poets can say things that are discouraging.  when everyone else is sorrowful, the poets can laugh and dance.  but when the nation is in danger they must drown themselves and let their deaths be a warning in the name of truth. ' 


--


today, as i was walking to my friend's apartment, i was imagining what memories would flash before my eyes if i were to die in that moment.  i'm not sure that this is a very constructive excercise.



1 comment: