Sunday, July 14, 2013

We'll Never Get to the Aquarium

"We should get a chandelier." - My friend.


I'm not sure what to say.


"As We Draw Further and Further Away"

I went to buy a diet coke from a drug store. The total came to $2.43, so I  gave the check out person two singles. I rustled around in my wallet for a minute or so to try to find the appropriate change (which I did). I was looking way from the check out person for so long that they had managed to put my diet coke half inside a plastic bag without my noticing.   

Thanks, but I don't need a bag I said.

You can just take it to the garbage and throw it away on your way out they said to me.

So I picked up the diet coke and took it out of the bag and went to throw it away in the trash can by the door on my way out. But then I stopped.  Because I recognized the injustice of what had just occurred. I put the plastic bag in my backpack and told myself that I would use it later.


--



New Apartment's Year Resolution: buy fresh flowers every week.



No comments:

Post a Comment