Friday, February 7, 2014

sweet dreams are made of these

"i hope you feel better." - my therapist, at the end of our session, presumably about my cold



you can't sit with us.


"dress for the job you want"




one of the problems with not having a definite title to describe your "job" is that sometimes you can get caught in the trap of saying to people that  you are a dancer. this is a particular problem if you don't do anything that would even make you close to being a dancer, and if the person you are misleading is a personal trainer with whom you are about to have your first session.

justin must have been very confused when he told me to run lighter on my feet on the treadmill, and i physiologically couldn't make the attached television stop changing channels with the force gate.  it was probably hard for him to imagine how i am able to perform in front of audiences as a dancer when i couldn't touch my toes. i hope justin doesn't think that all dancers are unable to do thirty crunches or bench press twenty five pounds or count to fifteen without losing track when sweat drips into their eye--i'm sure that most of the other ones can.

people always tell me that I look like a dancer.  people tell me that i look like i'm in great shape. i guess looking like something and actually being something are two different things. pretty hurts.

--


when people give me the stick eye for blowing my nose loudly in public, i want to tell them that i'm enjoying my clogged sinuses a lot less than they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment