Wednesday, June 5, 2013

At least I am wearing a costume

"Sometimes, you want to get there faster, but there is traffic in the way." -A delivery man I let into my new job, about the difficulties of making deliveries.  (or possibly, about everything?)


Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.



"I've got a little man in my ear telling me what to do"


Today
I am not thinking about poetry.
Today
I am thinking about tomorrow
And yesterday.

Today
I am wearing a pink tank top
To try
To live
As if.

Today
I am riding an elevator.
Mostly down,
But probably actually 
Equally up and down.

Admitting past is past
And futre is far
And present is painful
And I'm not getting mine back.

Oh,
That I had wings like a dove!
For then I would fly away
From today.

--


This morning I meant to grab my American Apparel cardigan to wear over my American Apparel tank top but I accidentally took my American Apparel harem pants instead! Can you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment