Thursday, June 20, 2013

Saturated.

"You're life is full of milestones--a growing family, new home, new car, and more." -Sallie Mae (my student loan servicer) in a successful attempt to make me feel inadequate.


 lonely shoe from Holland


 two Canadian middle school teachers just got drunk here on break from a field trip


 who knew these were made in India?


 who feels kind of like this deflated soccer ball?


 the key to Florida orange juice


 rare glimpse at the elusive Fire Escape Dog


self portrait: "those deep pimples that you can't pop"



"Do Humans Have Wishbones?"


I forgot
What it would be like
To spend an afternoon with you.

I will tie myself up by my feet
So the tears
Can roll out of my eyes again.

Today
Someone asked to hear
The story of us.

'Watching lovers
Kiss goodbye
And walk away
And one looks back.'

Today
Someone talked me into joining
An expensive gym.

I will tie myself up by my feet
So the tears
Can roll out of my eyes again.

I forgot 
What it is like
To have sex to music with you.

And also your smell.
--


"Cheer up Charlie, Just be Glad You're You"



I didn't shower this morning
Because I didn't feel like getting wet.

My decision-making vocabulary
Should not include
Skipping work 
To get high
And eat pizza.

Who do people think I am
That they are reminded of me 
When they watch documenatries
About the mistreatment 
Of Orcas?

I haven't even seen that girl
In three years.

--


"Balancing a Diamond on a Blade of Grass"




Do you ever wish
That you would stop being saturated
By the expressions of others
As you walk down the street?

Wear smocks or something, 
Look at the ground--
I don't want to hear
What you want to say.

A bike swept past
And the whole East Village
Smelled like you!

Some walk home!

--



Last night, I had a really profound thought about the difference between allowing things to dictate your decision-making process, and allowing things to guide your decision making-process. But I forgot most of it.





Heather Graham in the second Austin Powers movie put me back at least a year in figuring out that I'm  gay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment