Monday, June 3, 2013

Thinking about Forgetting

"One day I'll be big enough so you can't hit me." -The one and only Taylor Swift


                       
Yes, but how did they build the crane?


"It's Only Natural"


I feel homeless.

I'm subletting a room in a neighborhood that is new--and that I'll eventually know when I move into a different apartment in that same neighborhood long-term in August. But I am leaving it for a month before I return and lay roots.

I'm living with people I know from my first year of college. I "know" them and they "know" me, but neither of those knowledges are particularly present. There is talk of us cooking together in the near future.

I was just in my hometown in Florida for three days. It was fun but hard. Now I am back in New York, which is hard but fun. Both feed me in incomplete ways.

The person that I spent the last year building a home in has left, and he's shown no sign of coming back.  This is a big one.

My friends are all my age and are going through dissimilar but equivalent crises.

No plans past September. Surprisingly little ability to reminisce much past a year or two ago.

I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner in about an hour in a part of Brooklyn that neither of us know that well. And I'm sitting in a cafe, eating a muffin that I don't want because it is supposed to start to rain.

--


Who can prove that mermaids don't exist? The ocean is so enormous.


No comments:

Post a Comment