Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What is caffiene?

"That is what America was built upon--everyone coming together to create beautiful things." - A panelist at a lecture I went to, who has evidently forgotten about slavery, Japanese internment camps, the Trail of Tears, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and the McDonalds empire.



 Someone lives here!


Did anyone lose this pendant? 



"I Work an Extra Hour Everyday, So I Get Every Other Monday Off"




Woke up, rode my bike across Brooklyn to interview a friend as research for a performance I'm working on. 

Then, went to the first day of a week-long performance workshop taught by one of my heroes. 

Got held up talking to the instructur and arrived a half hour late to my internship--where I acutally accomplished what I was supposed to accomplish.

Went to the Strand--bought "The Old Man and the Sea".

Went to Think Coffee--ran into a not-so-close friend that I love and met about a year ago.

Tried to talk to my mom on the phone, but the air conditioning guy showed up and she had to go. ("It's going to cost a fortune to fix this thing!").

Ran into a friend on the street who was as happy to see me as I was to see her.

Rode my bike to Times Square to go to a workshop about fundraising: trying the whole time just to beat the rain.

Started to get a headache at the same time I was locking my bike outside the Hard Rock Cafe. (Locked eyes with the employee who is charged with opening the front door of that building for tourists--perhaps the only persin in New York City with a worse job than me).

Realized that I don't drink enough water.

Bought a diet coke.

Learned about fundraising--it was unsurprisingly boring.  

I ate a burrito.

I printed something at FedEx Kinkos (which at one point were separate entitites).

I did some other stuff, too.

Have been thinking about you
Throughout.
Without much movement
One way or the other.
Because even on such a nice day
(Where I beat the rain)
I still can't go home
Wihout you.

--


I LOVE the smell of those nuts they sell on carts in midtown, but I don't want to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment